Sunday 5 April 2009

Bigotry in the extreme!


Well, by all accounts the US/UK/coalition invasion of Iraq was all about liberation.

If that is the case then why have 6 gay men been shot by thier fellow tribesmen in Iraq?

You can read the CNN flash on this here

By all accounts these appear to be clerical executions, not government/militia actions. However, seeing as we (UK/USA et al) are playing the liberation card in Iraq these murders need to be addressed and acted upon.

Wishful thinking on my part???

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you pointed me to this news item. News like this never gets headlines here. Why? I have so many political opinions about that but I have lost faith in the whole process in the U.S. What the world needs to realize is that gay and lesbian rights are human rights. We know that, but I suppose so many others don't see it that way because of their stupid upbringing. Unfortunately most of those people encapsulate the majority of the population. That's why we (gays and lesbians) need to stick together and watch out for each other.

    ReplyDelete