Saturday 15 September 2007

The start of my new life??

Hello! Good Evening and Welcome!

This is my first ever Blog entry! I have finally succumbed to the Blog craze and and decided to post the thoughts of my (sometimes) twisted mind for all to see!

Well, my first entry is not so much twisted more an outlet as 9 days ago my life changed forever when I was diagnosed as HIV Positive. Now being gay I have been exposed to the disease most of my adult life, through friends, the gay scene and the Media. This however does nothing to numb the shock of receiving a positive diagnosis!

I can't really say it was a surprise when the result came back! I have lived the life style and played the "game" with relish and vigour, but somewhat foolishly, with the philosophy that it would never happen to me! Now it has!!

I have to say the whole process is a bit of a body shock! The amount of blood that has been drawn from me in the past 9 days is shocking! Being of a squeamish disposition has not helped as I have winced and moaned like a girl!! Forever cries of "make it painless", "Use a little needle" and " I am OK with this just DON'T LET ME SEE THE BLOOD!" Fortunately I have not puked on a nurse yet but there is still time!

I guess at this point I should also mention that my Partner of 8 years also received a positive result on the same day. Something I am quite glad about. Now when I say that I do not mean that in a nasty way; what I actually mean is that I have someone there, someone who knows me mind, body and soul to share the experience with! I did cry when I was told but the Boyf, the pragmatic sort that he is took it on the chin, squeezed my hand and gave me the look that I know means " Don't worry, I am here". In that respect I guess I am so very lucky. So many before us have had to go through this on their own but we have each other for support, that ready made shoulder to cry on!

The folks at our local clinic are fantastic, I can not praise them enough! They also allow us to be seen together. Everything from seeing our Consultant, to blood tests! We are there side by side. OK! enough waffle for one day!

I may post more later as I am finding this quite cathartic, whether anyone reads it or not! If you have stopped by and taken the time to read this, then Thank You!

If you have any questions then please feel free to post a comment and I will do my utmost to respond in a timely manner. For now - So Long :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment